Western Backroads

Welcome to Virgil and Marcia's blog. We take many weekend trips to places in Arizona and the Southwest. This is a place where family and friends can read about where we've been and what we've seen. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Testing the New Camera

Marcia picked up a new camera on sale and I am testing it out.

Here we go:

First, we have the garage sale signs I am making. I had some scrap 1/4" plywood that I cut into three different sizes. I plan on placing the biggest ones out at 40th St. and Union Hills, the medium ones at 40th St. and Topeka, and the small ones at the entrance to our cul-de-sac. I painted them white first and in the picture you can see where I taped off for the arrows. Tomorrow, I'm going to paint the arrows and the word "SALE" on each one.



The next two pictures are of my progress on framing in an opening for the window A/C unit in my shed. I have it almost completed except for lining things up and installing some trim on the outside.





Here is a picture of the current status of the trench with the conduit between the shed and house. I was able to strap down the shed half and filled it back in with dirt. I still need to add some straps to secure the conduit near the house, so I held off on filling that part in yet.



Last is the cactus in our back yard. It got some rain recently and is wanting to grow and grow and grow.