Western Backroads

Welcome to Virgil and Marcia's blog. We take many weekend trips to places in Arizona and the Southwest. This is a place where family and friends can read about where we've been and what we've seen. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Finally Time For Conduit

I first had to dig my trench out from where the rain had filled it in with dirt. It was mostly loose soil and fairly easy to clean out. After that, I was able to rough in the conduit from the shed to the house. I cut the holes in the shed and dry fitted everything in place. That's where I stopped on Saturday in the following two pictures.





I recruited Brett to come up on Sunday and help out for a couple hours. With him, we were able to fish the conduit over the vaulted cieling in our master bedroom and make the needed connections in the attic. As of right now, everything from the shed underground and through the attic to where it comes out on the other side of the house is completed. I still have a few other small sections to complete and connect to the main service panel, but it's almost ready to have cable pulled.

I didn't get very good pictures of our progress on Sunday, but in the following two, you can see where we finished it on the outside. The clamps I bought to secure the conduit to the house were not going to work and I'm going to have to go back and buy a different type. You can see in the picture that the conduit is not straight and that will be fixed once I get the proper clamps.