Western Backroads

Welcome to Virgil and Marcia's blog. We take many weekend trips to places in Arizona and the Southwest. This is a place where family and friends can read about where we've been and what we've seen. Enjoy!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Getting Back to Work on the House

Ok, so we took Saturday off and had fun up in Prescott. On Sunday I continued working on the landscaping changes we are making. Marcia helped me cut out the row of oleander on our property line and pile them up for bulk trash collection. In the first two pictures you can see the aftermath.





After that, I started working on the electrical for my shed. I had to clean up the existing breaker panel some to make room for the feeder cable. I doing so, I removed a couple unused circuits for the old cooler that is no longer on the roof and also took off the old irrigation timer.

After lunch I started work in the back yard digging the 12-15 foot trench from the house to the shed where I need to run condit for the feeder subpanel. I'm about half done in the picture below and plan to finish digging it after work this week. I would have made better progress, but soon after starting the trench, I hit the conduit that feeds the pool pump and lights. I'm going to dig under that, so I can't go full bore with the pick axe to trench in that area.