Western Backroads

Welcome to Virgil and Marcia's blog. We take many weekend trips to places in Arizona and the Southwest. This is a place where family and friends can read about where we've been and what we've seen. Enjoy!

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Water and Electrical Don't Mix

Water and electrical don't mix - gotta keep making progress anyway. Here's what I got done this weekend.

I finished the electrical trench outside just in time for three days of rain. We had on and off rain for Wednesday through Friday and in the pictures below you can see the results on Saturday morning. I now have a long and narrow pond. Should I stock it with some fish?





Well, since it didn't look like I was going to get much done under water, I headed to Home Depot to buy my supplies. I had to go to two different stores and it took me most of the day to figure out all of the fittings and get everything I needed. I managed to haul all the conduit home in the Jeep just fine. You can also see where I aligned everything on the living room floor to make sure I didn't forget any fittings.







I also made a trip up into the attic to scout things out. Here are three pictures of the area I'm working in up there.







I also managed to mount the breaker panel inside my shed. It's just waiting for some conduit and wiring now!