Western Backroads

Welcome to Virgil and Marcia's blog. We take many weekend trips to places in Arizona and the Southwest. This is a place where family and friends can read about where we've been and what we've seen. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Roof is On!

Well, since it rained all last weekend, we had to wait until Tuesday night before we could take the tarp off. After I got home from work, we were able to get the tar paper tacked down and the drip edge finished. Then, my parents went to visit my aunt in San Diego for a couple days. They came back to our house Friday night and dad and I installed the shingles on Saturday. It took us most of the day to get all the components cut and installed. After we were done, we installed the door and cleaned up for a couple hours. I still have some trim to install and caulk all the joints before painting it to match the house. After that I'll have to run the electric too. My parents left for home this morning after spending 3 weeks down here visiting and building the shed.