Western Backroads

Welcome to Virgil and Marcia's blog. We take many weekend trips to places in Arizona and the Southwest. This is a place where family and friends can read about where we've been and what we've seen. Enjoy!

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Visitors from Iowa

Good thing we setup the front bedroom as a guest room. Hotel Silhanek has been booked the last couple weeks. My parents were able to come and visit us for a couple days and we are glad they did. They arrived on a Friday night after we got home from work.

Saturday morning we got up and went to Ceretta's Candy Factory in Glendale and watched them make candy. After we filled up a couple bags with candy and checked out, we headed towards South Mountain. We drove to the top and got out and looked over downtown Phoenix. Too bad I forgot to take my camera. In fact, I didn't take a picture the whole weekend. As we exited the park and started heading back home, my mom spotted the Pheonix Ranch Market. We stopped and went inside to check things out. They purchesed some baked goods and mom also bought a pineapple. That night Dave and Kathy came up to visit and we grilled out for supper.

On Sunday dad and I went shooting at the range and then went over to the new Cabela's. In the afternoon, we swam in the pool. It is starting to get too cold outside to enjoy that.

Monday Marcia and I had to go to work, so we sent them off by themselves. They managed to make it down to the Arizona Nut House between here and Tucson. Dad bought a 50lb. sack of pecans and plans on giving them out to everyone he knows. I've been eating on a bunch that he gave me.